Friday, February 18, 2011

Eala steps down as SBP exec; Loyzaga eyed as replacement?

The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) will have a new person at the helm to lead its day-to-day operations.

This became clearer after Noli Eala, the group's executive director, has stepped down from his post, ending months of speculation that he will be removed as one of the heads of the country's governing body for basketball.

"It is with deep regret that I announce my decision to formally resign as executive director of the SBP. My decision to relinquish my post is to enable me to return to the corporate world where new opportunities have recently been opened up to me," said Eala in a statement released to mediamen.

"My resignation will take effect after a 30-day transition period to ensure the smooth and orderly turnover of my functions to my replacement."

There were unconfirmed reports that former PBA star and now Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) commissioner Chito Loyzaga is being eyed as replacement.- Rey Joble, JVP, GMA News

No comments:

Post a Comment