Thursday, January 6, 2011

Georgia Tech or NU? Parks still undecided

Like Kiefer Ravena, the most-sought after high school player in the country, Bobby Ray Parks Jr., will have to make a tough decision on his collegiate career anytime at the end of this month or early February.

This was confirmed by no less than Bobby Ray himself.

In an exclusive interview with GMANews.TV, Bobby Ray admitted that he’s been having a difficult time making a decision on whether to play in the US for Division I school Georgia Tech or stay in the Philippines and suit up for the National University Bulldogs in the UAAP.

“I’m still undecided right now,’’ said Parks. “We’re still thinking about it.’’

The 6-foot-3, former national youth team standout added that his decision would be based on what is best for his family.

The news about Parks joining Georgia Tech came out in November last year when the school’s athletic website posted a report that Bobby Ray had signed a letter of intent to join them.

But the son of the seven-time Philippine Basketball Association best import Bobby Parks and Filipina Marifer Barbosa said nothing was definite yet as far as his collegiate playing career is concerned.

“I want what’s best for my family. They will play a major part in my decision. My decision would depend on what’s convenient for them," added the younger Parks, who played for the Philippine Youth squad in the 3-on-3 Youth Olympics basketball tournament in Singapore last year.

‘’It’s tough because our family is split right now. Half wants me to go there (Georgia Tech), and half wants me to stay here.’’

Asked whether his dad, a Hall of Famer in the PBA, will have a big role in his decision, Bobby Ray Jr., said “My dad always tells me that the decision would always be up to me. I’m still thinking about it right now."

Parks said the world-class competition in the NCAA Division I intrigues him. It is also a possible ticket for his ambitious dream of making it to the NBA.

‘’I also want to play at the best possible competition. I also want to be the first Filipino in the NBA.’’ - RCJ, KY, GMANews.TV

No comments:

Post a Comment