Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pakistani welder gets 6 months for molesting Pinay in UAE

Despite his insistence he groped her "by mistake," a Pakistani assistant welder was sentenced to six months in jail for molesting a Filipino saleswoman in the United Arab Emirates.

The Dubai Court of First Instance on Tuesday also found the welder, identified only as 36-year-old M.S., guilty of taking the Filipina's mobile phone.

"The defendant will be deported after the completion of his jail term," Presiding Judge Al Saeed Mohammad Barghout said while pronouncing the judgment, according to a reportWednesday on UAE news site Gulf News.

But while the Pakistani pleaded guilty to stealing the woman's phone, he insisted he was no molester.

Prosecutors had accused M.S. of groping the woman and kissing her neck against her will. He was also charged with theft.

"I am not a molester. I touched her breast by mistake. I didn't mean to do so.... While she walked out of the lift, I was putting my hand forward when I unintentionally touched her," he said when he defended himself in court.

The Filipina testified that the incident occurred when she returned to her home in Al Muraqqabat around 11:30 p.m.

"I walked into the lift... suddenly the suspect walked in behind me. I got scared and turned back, wanting to walk out of the elevator. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and held me back to the wall ... he molested me and touched my private parts and then kissed my neck," she said.

"I kicked him away from my body. But he continued groping me ... I kicked him really hard then I grabbed my phone to call the police. Then he snatched my mobile phone and ran away," she added.

The primary judgment remains subject to appeal within 15 days. — LBG, GMANews.TV

No comments:

Post a Comment